40g new setup suggestion for orandas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But then i thought to counter it, if hes only adding one or 2 to start with it will have certainly built enough bacteria to sustain the ammonia production of the couple hes adding.

Thats. What I was thinking, but without adding established media, I'm not sure how well it would seed. BB hardly is in the water column is it? So basically it'd be like cycling the filter from scratch

Jtez what type of sand are you using or the brand name because the sand im using it's soooo granny it's called super moonlight sand white color, yours look like the one I want

I got it from a local "sand and soils" business, where it was listed as river sand i think. Designed for bricklaying cement. Might be hard to find though, many do well with pool filter sand though, have a look for that

Thats. What I was thinking, but without adding established media, I'm not sure how well it would seed. BB hardly is in the water column is it? So basically it'd be like cycling the filter from scratch

Yes the filter would start from scratch obviously because it brand new but after a month on his existing tank would have built a small colony inside the filter that would sustain the fish added to the new tank once swap over is what i was insinuating.

Back
Top Bottom