A question about my two gold fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a shubunkin and a black moor each about 2 inches , my question is why is the shubunkin looks like nipping the side of the black moor but the moor lets em. He/she just floats there and let's the shu do it I was just wondering what's going on. It's a 29 G with about 77-79degress they are active and seem to play a lot chase each other. Any ideas or advise be great

I live in Hawaii and it's always warm or hot here but the temp in the tank is always around there, at night drops bout 2-3 degees, they been alright seems and very active except for that one thing

Shubunkins are single tail goldfish that honestly are bested suited to ponds. The nipping and chasing is aggression from lack of space and incompatible tankmates. Definitely not playful behavior and it will continue to become more aggressive with time. You should consider either rehoming the shu to a happy pond or returning him. The moor will be perfectly fine in the tank by himself. Please ask if you have questions! :)

I always kept shubunkins in my pond. I loved them. They are colorful, active and virtually indestructible. One year there were so many young ones, I brought 25 in and put them in a 55 gallon tank. I enjoyed them immensely and they grew quickly and were a good size for the pond the next Spring. I never noticed any aggressive behaviour between them but they had a lot of room and were fairly young to be too aggressive.

Sent from my HTC first using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh, I forgot to mention that there were no other types of fish in the tank with them. I will have to post a picture of them.

Sent from my HTC first using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom