adding CO2 to a pond - algae control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frog girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
So since high pH (my pond is at 8) & nutrient imbalance is supposed to create algae problems (which I have) would it make sense to supplement CO2 in a pond that has few fish & is highly planted??

Has anyone heard of trying that or tried it themselves??

What is your opinion? I have only had my pond 1 year so I know there are others out there that have more experience than I do.

I think CO2 would be wasted on a pond, though I am no plant expert. What are the specs on the pond? Size, depth, pumps, waterfeatures?

its about 2000 gallons w/ 2 bog gardens and one dribbling water fall & one more substantial one

it also has a circle like a hot tub which is connected to the pond by a shallow part (it is for cooling off in the summer). I was thinking of trying it there since I keep aquatic plants in the middle & sometimes on the bench part. It is also stays cooler because it has more shade.

I was thinking of a barrel of DIY CO2 for productioin.

So why do you think it would be lost on a pond?? If the water got really warm it would drive some of the gas out but if I do it in a deep cool part it might help.

P.S. It was meant to say that my pH is 8.0.

Back
Top Bottom