almost done with my baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCatania43

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
it is about 35 by 45 feet (around 4,300 to 4,400 gallons). The deepest point is roughly 5-6 feet and the shallowest being about 3. We also have a nice 4 foot waterfall to top it off. we are hoping ot stock it with koi, some goldfish, and even a few turtles in the real near future. After the landscaping is done and the mulching is finished many pictures will be up!!!

Oh you tease us! No pics yet! Now I can't wait.

Question being a pond newbie. Isn't that too deep or will the fish utlilize that depth? I know almost nothing about ponds, am reading avidly to learn so please excuse the newbieness.
:)

well many people will say this is too deep, but in my area i am surrounded by woods and if it is to shallow the racoons will bother the fish. But due to instinct the racoons will not go for the fish if they know they cannot stand in the water...yea i promise as soon as final touches are done i will get pics up...maybe even some tomorrow just to show an idea..

It really depends on where you live, the deeper the pond the better a chance for fish to survive in harsh winters. Also, when koi get larger, they will utalise the deeper space aswell as the shallow space. My breeder had a 7ft pond and his koi only come to the top at feeding time.

How are you going to line it...I know alot of people use concrete but I would like to know how you are doing it. We are planning one for next year not as big but close.

On the depth part...they will love the depth, specially in the winter, when most of your fish will survive. Think about it this way, in the wild it would be that deap or deaper!

P.S. Pics we Need Pics!!!

Back
Top Bottom