Are Blackmoore fish aggressive fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry I have asked a few question on here lately.
Just in the last two days my Blackmoore seems to be pushing my fancy around a bit.
He's not biting her more pushing her around. I have started feeding twice a day small meals as I thought it was a food issue.
Can blackmoores be aggressive? My fancy is a female she gets swim bladder now and then and the Blackmoore does nudge her to keep her swimming well that's what it looks like? I've never seen him be nasty before. The ammonia is 0 nitrite 0 ph 7.4 and nitrates are between 5-10. The Blackmoore has damaged his eye lately but it is healing. They have lived together for nearly a year now and never had a issue. I don't want to rehome either of them. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh ok cool. I thought so. It's not like him to be mean.

My Black Moore, Colin, is a sweetheart until mealtimes - he then gets very pushy and chases the other goldfish Dennis (who is bigger than him) around the tank. I've put it down to being anxious because he can't see as well as Dennis.

I've been able to reduce the problem by dropping food at both ends of the tank :)

Thanks for replying. Google is the same fine until around meal times.
I do that too feeding both ends but he gobbles all the food up one end then goes to the other end.
I think his eye sight isn't the best either I worked out he's older than I thought.

Firstly never say sorry for asking questions you can never ask too many and your better of asking and getting the right info and having a healthy tank then having problems that you don't no what to do, none of us are experts we only no what we no through asking or research, so ask away.....
I have a Blackmoore called bubbles in with nemo my goldfish he chases my Blackmoore at feeding times( had to catch him a few times as I hate seeing him chase her but other times he whips te food up for her, bubbles gets her own back when he's asleep or not watching his back but most of the time they go around together and sleep together if I split them up they both go crazy......if you need help remember to just ask no matter how silly or annoying you think it is, there's always someone that will help ?

Thank you. It's good having other people to talk too that have had the same problems I have had. I have seem to have a lot of problems lately.

It's only really with feeding his is mean to her. Poor Yahoo my fancy is slow to the food so she doesn't get as much as Google.
But I do feed blood worms and there is always plenty of them for her Google can't get all of those. But most of the times they are great friends Yahoo follows Google it's so sweet to watch. Thanks again for replying.

Posted a photo of them both Google is the Blackmoore Yahoo is the fancy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408449597.580021.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408449597.580021.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 57
Yahoo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408449712.826397.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408449712.826397.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 48
Awww they are lovely, have you thought about a tank divider just for meal times, that is what I'm thinking of doing,

Its so annoying though when thy get on so well all the rest of the time, I hate having to net the goldfish at meal times, so I'm thinking a divider might be a better idea just whilst they eat,

I was trying to get a pic of them but they just won't stay still ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408450884.872351.jpg Tia is best I could get lol goldfish is nemo( he was with another goldfish that died called dory went mad when she died, got 2 more fish bubbles and squeak, squeak died about a week after got them from lfs from fin rot after bubbles and nemo ende up together) Blackmoore bubbles

Sent from my fish phone

Wow they are lovely. They don't stay still haha I tried to get one of yahoo and google together it's hard lol.
I'm off to the pet shop tomorrow to get a few things for them so I might grab a divider then thanks

I had another fish also called Apple but he bit a nice chunk out of Yahoos tail and spent the whole time chasing her around the tank. I managed to rehome Apple he went to a lovely big tank with one other fish.

It's horrible to see that happen, least apple went to a good forever home, I've got 4 tanks at the moment (in fish mad lol) got albino corys in 1, a pleco on his own coz he's gonna get huge and corys kept bouncing of his head hell get to over 3 ft in length when fully grown, and a fry tank.

I'm fighting of the urge to start a shrimp tank, don't think bf would be to happy with another one

Sent from my fish phone

Here are my two - also best of chums until meal time. They are in a temporary set up (had to prepare it quickly in order to adopt them).

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408494869.993528.jpg

I have two black Moors in with a Calico fantail. Calico Hoggle is 4inches, Black Moor Dave is 3inches and Ludo Black Moor is 6inches. Dave pushes Hoggle around at mealtimes sometimes its funny to watch as he is sooo small compared to Ludo who is like gentle giant. My Calico doesn't seem to be stressed by this and pushes back occasionally its just playful I think. Ludo my big black moor does seem to sniff the calicos butt sometimes and chase a little but he is clearly a male and I have a feeling the Calico is female by the robustness of her belly. Ludo doesn't chase for long periods of time and Hoggle doesn't hide and goes stairght back to sniffing around gravel and so shows no signs of distress when Ludo has a sniff. I don't think you have anything to worry about its normal behaviour. But if your fish starts to hide, avoids the other excessively or has any open wounds tears in fins then it could be bullying. This happens depending on size of fish, size of tank more likely if they have insufficient space. Other than that I wouldn't worry

Haha sounds like someone I know.
I think it's like you said their poor eye sight. His eye sights not the best.

Back
Top Bottom