Belfast sink pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys. I have a Belfast sink that I have put water in and a solar powered pump. Would it be possible to put 1 or 2 coldfish in there?
It would be more full than the pic shows.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1400346127545.jpg
    1400346127545.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,194
Hi guys. I have a Belfast sink that I have put water in and a solar powered pump. Would it be possible to put 1 or 2 coldfish in there?
It would be more full than the pic shows.

Do you have any idea of the gallon capacity? Solar powered pumps are nice, however, keep in mind they only work in the sun. They also tend to be very minimal pumps (gph well under 100). Some type of basic filtration system would be necessary. We can offer some more ideas once you have an idea of the gallon capacity!

My advice..... drain the sink, cover in hypertufa and plant some alpines!

These sinks hold (if you have sealed the drain plug that is) no more than 10 imperial gallons. The stark white finish will cause the water to warm very quickly in the sun and without good aeration and filtration, fish will suffer.

Ahh ok dont want to do it if I am going to boil the fish. Not good.

I have just emptied it of plants so I think I will just keep it shallow and use it as a bird bath. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom