Berries for Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can fancy goldfish eat small bits of berries such as blackberries and boysenberries?

Bought some today for myself and not sure whether I can share with my goldfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think that would be the best idea to give them berries, because it is not something they would naturally eat in the wild. There isn't much information on it because people haven't really tried it. However, I think it's really nice that you want to share with your fish. If you want to share peas with them, go ahead!

My guys and girls are fed all sorts of fruits (plus tons of veggies), including various berries. Avoid spicy stuff, avocado and heavy starches and you should not have any problems as long as the foods are soft and/or smooshed into bite-sized bits. :)

Acidic fruits like oranges, tangerines are they OK?

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

Acidic fruits like oranges, tangerines are they OK?

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

Yep! Hands down favorite of my guys are mandarin orange segments. I buy the jars of Dole mandarin segments in 100% juice to feed them. Great source of vitamin C which is vital for fish health and immune function (and ours as well). :)

Thank you for your help everyone :0)

I'll try the berries later today and let you know whether the fishies like them.

Hi everyone,

Well, the verdict is in - my goldfish will eat Blackberries!

Not met with the same enthusiasm as cucumber, but no leftovers this morning :0)

Back
Top Bottom