Bloatting of goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RABENA

Aquarium Advice Freak
I showed a pet store worker the goldfish that they gave me 6mnths ago he was in bad shape I show her it now and she said my fish is going to die soon because of this bloating . the way the belly is shaped can u tell that from pic

ForumRunner_20130812_080750.jpg

no. it could be many different things. slow down on feeding. get some caned peas and smash them between your fingers and take the shell off and feed the insides to him. it will help his digestive track and he will poop better. i have some fatty goldies and some are just fat sooooo , google some pics of goldfish and look at some that look like yours

Bob thanks i got the peas they worked great they Reduced the bloating look and empty the stomaches because they pooped alot which was good for them i think they we're all jammed up now they r more active and swimming better

Fancies really need daily veggies for optimum health and digestion. Your fish does not appear bloated to me and your lfs employee is quite lacking in goldfish knowledge. Here are a few pics of what healthy, female ryukins should look like.

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 51
These are healthy ones what kind of veggies should I give them the peas work well

Peas (cooked and deshelled) are fine. Pretty much any veggie is good except spicy stuff and heavy starches (corn & potatoes). Just make sure veggies are cooked, soft enough to tear easily or are smooshed into tiny bits. Fruits are good too and same thing applies- they need to be soft enough to tear or smooshed into bits.

Back
Top Bottom