buying goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirkland795

Aquarium Advice Regular
I plan on getting a couple of goldfish for my 60 gallon tank. It has been established for years but I want to stock it with goldfish now. Based on my research I could have 3 adult goldfish in a 60 gallon but I want to be cautious and give them plenty of room to grow. I know they produce a lot of ammonia so would a weekly 50% water change be enough? I want to enjoy my tank and not slave away doing 3 plus water changes a week. I did that when I kept discus. I have a HOB filter that does 400gph.

Also I plan on using stones as my décor based on a youtube video I saw. I just wanted to ensure this wouldn’t compromise the base of my tank/risk cracking it. Here is the link. https://youtu.be/9zi-Wn5nKi8

Also I currently have a molly, danios, and some guppies. I know that goldfish prefer colder water so would a temp of 72 satisfy both?

I like to do my research and get some input before running out and buying a new kind of fish. Any advice is welcomed:)

It's best not to mix tropicals and cold water. Either one will be cold or the other is hot.

Caleb

Goldfish will be perfectly fine at 72, but they're better off by themselves. I would strongly recommend changing at least 75% of the water weekly.

Large stones will take up a fair amount of space, cutting down on room for the fish, so take that into consideration. The biggest risk is moving them around to clean under them (you'll definitely need to), dropping one and cracking the bottom of your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom