China Town with Jack Nicholson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

douggiestyle

Aquarium Advice Freak
there was a pond that was salt water (it was part of the mystery). its always been a dream of mine to have a tide pool pond. is this possible? heck i guess anything is possible... I suppose what i really want to know is has anybody done it? and are they willing to share there knowledge?

First off, you live in PA, I think it gets too cold for SW in your area unless you were talking about making a local biotype, which I still think would end up dying in the winter.

Secondly, it would be really hard to maintain salinity. A rainstorm could potentially lower your sg enough to kill everything. You would also have evaporation problems I think.

Other than that, I think it would be a great thing to try indoors maybe. You could easily have a 500 gallon tidepool made from one of those preformed pond liners. It might be a bit hard to light for corals and such though. I have always dreamed of a tropical pond full of corys.

Back
Top Bottom