Cichlid ID help again please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parsons483

Aquarium Advice Activist
So it seems my local pet store gets cichlids mixed up. This one:IMG_1753.jpg
Was sold to me as a Taiwan reef cichlid but based on my googling it is not a Taiwan reef but to me it looks like a female peacock. (The other fish in the tank the same size of this one have started to get their color)

Do anyone else think it is a peacock?

I have two OB peacocks and this one looks similar to them except for the colour. And I do have one now that actually looks like a Taiwan reef in the google Images.IMG_1757.jpgIMG_1756.jpg

I can't determine from the pic if your fish is truly a Tiawan Reef. Here is a pic of my juvenile Tiawan Reef to compare to.

Attachments

• 20181224_215626.jpg
    20181224_215626.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 79
I can't determine from the pic if your fish is truly a Tiawan Reef. Here is a pic of my juvenile Tiawan Reef to compare to.

Yeah it doesn’t look like that the stripes are completely different I’ll see if I can get a better picture

That looks like a juvenile Aulonocara Peacock. Too young to determine gender.

That looks like a juvenile Aulonocara Peacock. Too young to determine gender.

Ok thank you. The reason I think it’s a female is because my two OB peacocks are a little smaller than this one and they are already getting their color while this one is still brown

OB's color up quick due to their hybrid ancestory. Don't give up hope. I've had my share of late bloomers.

OB's color up quick due to their hybrid ancestory. Don't give up hope. I've had my share of late bloomers.

Ohhh ok lol.
Well It’s ok if it’s male. The pets store sold this one to me as a Taiwan reef cichlid but when I got home is when I realized that it wasn’t lol.

Back
Top Bottom