dojo loaches in an outdoor pond???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all.
Ok. Ive had a 240gal. pond on my property for about 3 yrs now with no major issues other than the occasional pests fishing for an easy meal. I was wondering if anyone has experience in keeping dojo loaches outside with their koi or goldies. I was also wonderind how cold of water dojos can acclimate to? I live in central Pennsylvania and normally my fish are outside about 7-8 months a year.
Thanks again for any input. All comments or experiences are welcome.

Wow. Either this idea of mine is completely absurd or maybe i should try under freshwater general?

I've been informed that dojo loaches are already being considered invasive species in north american northern states. What do you base your response on? Experience or a guess? Just wonderin cuz I've really considered it?

Loaches in pond

I've been informed that dojo loaches are already being considered invasive species in north american northern states. What do you base your response on? Experience or a guess? Just wonderin cuz I've really considered it?
--------------------------------------------------------------- All I have to say on the subject is this! I thought it might be a good idea also,I Tried! The Two Died!:nono:

My dojos have been outside for 6wks now and they're doin great. Fat n happy. Thanks for the support ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dojos are coldwater chinese fish. They are invasive so have a cover to prevent them from escaping. They can survive colder climate.

Back
Top Bottom