Electric bill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueCrystalMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I only have a 1200 Gph pump on the main falls that runs 24/7, and 250 Gph pump on the fountain that runs from 7 AM to 11 PM most days if it isn't windy (then I just unplug it)... And I have two, 18 watt submerged spotlights that are only on for about four hours per night.

Our electric bill was up $70 for last month, the first full month with it running. Granted, it is A/C season too, but I really don't recall how much we ran it that month...

So I'm curious... has anyone noticed a jump in their electric bill with the onset of their new hobby? Should those two pumps be drawing that much electricity (if it is that)?

Thanks.

If you know the wattage of the pumps you can use our Electricity calculator to help predict the acutal impact of the bill your pond causes.

I suspect it realistlcy would only increase it $10-20 depending on your cost per kilowatt.

My electric bill is over $200 in summer months thanks to my saltwater tanks and the AC. In the winter its down about $100-$110. Again thanks to my saltwater tanks. Before I had them the bill was more like $50-60 in the winter and $120-140 in the summer.

I figure my pond costs around $15-$20 a month in electricity. I figured this out several years ago, don't exactly recall how I came up with the numbers...

Worth Every Penny!

do not know the wife pays the bill for the house i pay for the garage to bad the house is a little closer to the pond than the garage ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom