Extremely lethargic goldfish, getting worried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not as knowledgeable as jlk but her condition sounds identical to that of my fish. I don't know if others agree with me on this but like I said I used swim bladder medicine and that helped. Does that sound reasonable to anyone else? Oh and I second that frequent water changes are vital. Also I would be cautious about having her in with other fish, I don't think she has anything contagious but if she does this could easily put your whole tank in a bad way!

My bf is texting me pictures etc. as I'm still at work but he said she is still breathing but just barely and is motionless. We lost a goldfish a few months ago who was the same way a few hours before he died, very worried!! She has had some antibiotics and is now back in the main tank with the better water quality than the qt. Idk what else to do now D: ;;; I don't want to move her anymore, she is way too stressed now. He is telling me he thinks she isn't going to make it T__T

Unfortunately we lost Molly this morning :( we were up every so often throughout the night checking on her and she seemed stable, but this morning she was floating on her side, although breathing. Still wouldn't eat. We tried to quickly reset up the qt with a filter and clean water and then were waiting for the pet store to open to buy swim bladder meds, however she took her last breaths in front of us before we could do anything else. :( the water quality in the main tank was perfect according to the tests and all the other fish were/are still healthy. We think she must have just been ill. Thanks for all the help everyone, we did all we could :(

Sorry to hear that, you guys did all you could, you should be proud of how hard you tried to help her when others would give up. As the water in your main tank is good it sounds like it was swim bladder to me, possibly because of gulping in air when she eats food from the surface. I would recommend soaking the food in a cup of aquarium water and then emptying the cup into the tank so food sinks. Sorry for your loss. ?

Back
Top Bottom