Fancy Goldfish / hex tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airborne173x

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 39 gallon hex tank and I'm about to move my small black moor into it. I was thinking about getting a celestial eye goldfish to go with him. Will this tank do well for the both of them? I have an UG filter as well as an Aqua Clear 50 and multiple air storms going. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 39 gallon hex tank and I'm about to move my small black moor into it. I was thinking about getting a celestial eye goldfish to go with him. Will this tank do well for the both of them? I have an UG filter as well as an Aqua Clear 50 and multiple air storms going. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It will be fine right now but keep in mind moors grow fairly large. The biggest difficultly will be ensuring the celestial is able to eat sufficient food. He will not be able to 'see' food on the bottom and may be out competed by the moor. Generally, very visually handicapped fish such as celestials or bubble eyes are best in breed-only minimalist tanks (no substrate/decor).

In respect to the UGF, they do not mix well with messy goldfish. Even running with multiple powerheads is not sufficient. If removing it now and adding another (larger) filter is possible, I would recommend this to save the headaches that are inevitable in the future. Please ask any questions!

It will be fine right now but keep in mind moors grow fairly large. The biggest difficultly will be ensuring the celestial is able to eat sufficient food. He will not be able to 'see' food on the bottom and may be out competed by the moor. Generally, very visually handicapped fish such as celestials or bubble eyes are best in breed-only minimalist tanks (no substrate/decor).

In respect to the UGF, they do not mix well with messy goldfish. Even running with multiple powerheads is not sufficient. If removing it now and adding another (larger) filter is possible, I would recommend this to save the headaches that are inevitable in the future. Please ask any questions!

I also have an AquaClear 50 running on the unit as well!

Back
Top Bottom