Fantail is chasing my black moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfishlover25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Why is my fantail chasing my black moor but after that the black moor goes under the pirate ship?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Probably just scared or chilling... Sometimes they chase for fun, other times they chase because they don't have space. If they don't have space they will nip. Check your blackmoors fins for nipping

What size tank? Exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? Is this tank and/or fish new? Diet?

The most common reason is lack of sufficient space. Inappropriate water conditions will also make any fish miserable. Another common reason is illness and/or disease. The sick, weaker fish will often be ostracized by others. Some more information will help us to help you better!

There in a 50 G tank but I will check for illness

HI i have a black moor and an Oranda in a 42 gallon tank they occasionally chase each other. Esp near mealtimes. My Black moor loves to sniff the Oranda butt and chase him. Although my Oranda is slightly bigger than my black moor. I dont think it is a space issue as you have a 50g tank thats plenty for two fancies. I think it is harmless but check for fin nipping

if the black moor is hiding then that could be a sign of bullying so he may need to be rehomed wiht a less aggressive fish

Ok thanks should I try him with 2 panda moors

Back
Top Bottom