Feeding bumblebee cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amberniksee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently acquired a bumblebee cat and I have no idea how to feed it. I have sinking pellets but would like to feed something else more natural so I have read they eat earthworms but do they chew? If I just toss one in will it try to inhale the whole worm or bite off bits? And while on the topic of worms can they eat meal worms? I've been trying to find the answers but I must not be looking in the right places because I've got so much "surface" info but not any more "in depth" info. Thanks in advance!

I have one myself but I have never fed it anything live. But I don't think they would chew. I would cut it into bites sized pieces for it.

Actually I don't know exactly what he eats. It may sound weird but I have a reason. I rarely see him and I never see him eating. I just put food out for the other fish and whatever is left when I turn the lights out, he helps himself to. I feed wardley brand cory pellets, Aqueon tropical flakes, blood worms( not living) (or freeze dried I think), Tetra brand river shrimp sun dried krill crushed up, Tetra brand flakes, Tetra brand granules, Tetra brand baby shrimp partially crushed up, New life spectrum small fish formula. I am pretty sure that he has tried everything so far, possibly not the river shrimp because I got it recently and it's not even a week old yet. I try to vary the foods I feed them. So I feed my fish a variety of different foods from a few brands.

Back
Top Bottom