Fin Rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got back from the breeder that i buy all my pond fish from and i noticed that the calico oranda i bought has fin rot. The water temperature is about 70 degrees and the oranda is in with two pealscale. I put some PimaFix in the tank. I added the roccomeneded dose after cleaning the tank. I cleans my filters and took out the charcoal filter as recommended. Is there anything else i can do? As well, how am i able to tell if the fish is healing? I would greatly appreciate some help. I have kept pond fish and coldwater fish for almost 5 years now. I have never had a problem with sick fish before so i am ingornant of the subject of fin rot. I have done some research and i will continue to do so.

I have several koi and goldies and what you are doing for your fish sounds about right. Just keep the water parameters pristine and keep using the pima fix and should see some improvement in a few days. It wouldn't hurt to add some melafix as well, melafix and pima fix can be used together with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom