Finally getting fancy goldies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd give it a day max and then onto treatment. Assuming they are coping ok, this would get the previous med out of the tank system. Assuming an ich med treatment is used, could just half dose the first treatment to allow fish to adjust.

I'd give it a day max and then onto treatment. Assuming they are coping ok, this would get the previous med out of the tank system. Assuming an ich med treatment is used, could just half dose the first treatment to allow fish to adjust.

Tomorrow will be 48 hours since last dose of Gen Cure. The fish are active and feeding well. I bought some carbon, so that plus a water change should work. I thought I’d wait and dose Rid Ich Plus Sunday. I agree with the half dose to start. They are pretty small and have been stressed enough.

The last week or so I've been gathering everything together to start my 29g tank build in my office. As I sat back and checked it out today, I realized that it looks awfully small. Then it occurred to me that Black Friday deals are right around the corner, and Petsmart always puts their 54g corner style tank on sale. I could easily sell my 29g tank and stand with minimal loss compared to what I paid, and put that money toward the larger tank. And, as we all know, my cute, tiny little ryukins aren't going to stay tiny forever, so they could grow out and I wouldn't have to upgrade. Plus, the corner tank would fit perfectly in the only space I have available for a tank. The only drawback is that the nearest water source is ~80 ft away, so I'm in the process of looking for an adapter and a 100 ft of tubing or a hose that is safe for drinking. I'll have to rig up a water changing system somehow. Anyone ever used a hose for water changes?

The guys here must have a similar distance on some tanks. Only problem I’ve heard (once all fittings sorted) is slower water pressure the longer the hose.

I drain to bathtub using 13mm garden hose (just swapped from 12mm) about 10m / 33ft. The garden hose is kink resistant so doesn’t flatten/kink where resting on tank. I use a gravel vac tube to get it started but tank top is 6ft so helps for draining.

Then just fill with with garden hose and heaters on straight away.

Better systems I’ve seen age and heat water in a barrel or spare 6ft, then pumped to tank.

Can you get a python(?) water changer system your way? Heard of them but never used one.

And the Aqueon I think, and I know the Python has a 50' extension hose available with correct fittings meant to connect, so should be minimal worry if remembering to use the washers in the connectors. Might be quick connects on there.... I have 100 feet 2 pieces of the Python and a 50 or whatever the standard Aqueon has but after moving do not have the faucet fixture where I could even use an adapter. I need to replace that problem soon!

Never used either due to not having the correct adapter for the original Aqueon then moving and later getting free (from a hobbyist moving and off loading a couple misc) boxes of fish stuff (y)

I think the bigger tank is a good idea, though there are often the larger corner tanks on CL too, see them offered frequently around here.

The guys here must have a similar distance on some tanks. Only problem I’ve heard (once all fittings sorted) is slower water pressure the longer the hose.

I drain to bathtub using 13mm garden hose (just swapped from 12mm) about 10m / 33ft. The garden hose is kink resistant so doesn’t flatten/kink where resting on tank. I use a gravel vac tube to get it started but tank top is 6ft so helps for draining.

Then just fill with with garden hose and heaters on straight away.

Better systems I’ve seen age and heat water in a barrel or spare 6ft, then pumped to tank.

Can you get a python(?) water changer system your way? Heard of them but never used one.

I’ve been using a Python at home for a few years now. Can’t imagine life without one, but I didn’t know I could get another 50 ft extension.

So here’s what I’ve come up with...I ordered just the pump part of the Python...the part that screws onto the faucet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...nger+parts&dpPl=1&dpID=41TJ5puMB5L&ref=plSrch

Went to Lowe’s and bought an adapter that fits the faucet at work. Then I screwed the pump onto the adapter, hooked a hose to the pump and it worked great!! Now I’ll get 100 ft hose from amazon for around $60 bucks, and I’ll have a way to fill my tank without carrying buckets!! I can drain outside my office door. There is a door right outside my office to the outside area behind the building. I couldn’t buy a 50 ft Python for what I paid for this rig.

Sounds nice! Much quicker and easier. I’m finding the buckets was a good workout but no more pouring / dumping water into tank from bucket and with hoses I can do larger water changes.

I think the bigger tank is a good idea, though there are often the larger corner tanks on CL too, see them offered frequently around here.

I think it is too! I’m uneasy about buying a used tank. The deal on the new one is awesome if they do it again this year.

Sounds nice! Much quicker and easier. I’m finding the buckets was a good workout but no more pouring / dumping water into tank from bucket and with hoses I can do larger water changes.

Yeah, I spent the first couple of years carrying 5 gallon buckets lol. I think my back is still paying for it. I didn’t want to have to buy another python to keep at work, so the hose thing is going to be nice.

I’ve been using a Python at home for a few years now. Can’t imagine life without one, but I didn’t know I could get another 50 ft extension.

So here’s what I’ve come up with...I ordered just the pump part of the Python...the part that screws onto the faucet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...nger+parts&dpPl=1&dpID=41TJ5puMB5L&ref=plSrch

Went to Lowe’s and bought an adapter that fits the faucet at work. Then I screwed the pump onto the adapter, hooked a hose to the pump and it worked great!! Now I’ll get 100 ft hose from amazon for around $60 bucks, and I’ll have a way to fill my tank without carrying buckets!! I can drain outside my office door. There is a door right outside my office to the outside area behind the building. I couldn’t buy a 50 ft Python for what I paid for this rig.

Well that's pretty awesome!

Clean up crew added today! Love these guys...awesome little algae munchers.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 73
Balance at last. I’m very happy with this 75g and my sweet babies. I ended up with two noisy AquaClear 110’s and one canister, but it’s all good[emoji16]. I just wish they’d eat the anacharis I planted for them.

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 68
Hey there, the fish look beautiful. Still love your yellow most.

I have been looking at Fancy GF this week. Nothing in the fish stores really. I did see a pretty nice, very large Oranda, but the wen was already covering the eyes. (I have seen that people do sip it off but I just can't deal with that right now, I will do what I must but honestly it gives me the creeps to do it a like a maintenance thing.) So still no GF for me. For now, will still enjoy yours!

Erk, can’t say I’d enjoy doing that sort of surgery and then hoping no infection results.

I was told with the stitches to avoid getting them wet at all but guess for fish that would be kind of hard...

Hey there, the fish look beautiful. Still love your yellow most.

I have been looking at Fancy GF this week. Nothing in the fish stores really. I did see a pretty nice, very large Oranda, but the wen was already covering the eyes. (I have seen that people do sip it off but I just can't deal with that right now, I will do what I must but honestly it gives me the creeps to do it a like a maintenance thing.) So still no GF for me. For now, will still enjoy yours!

I really do not look forward to facing the wen issue. I hope that somehow I
won´t have to.
You´re more than welcome to enjoy mine, they are such cuties.

Back
Top Bottom