Ammonia is being converted everyday but nitrites are lingering. They are so high that I don't know if I need to wait it out or do a large pwc
to help to things along. Think I'll wait since my ph hasn't changed. I stopped by the fish section at Walmart yesterday and saw the cutest little fantails. One in particular stood out and I had to seriously fight the urge to impulse buy. It occurred to me that those fish were probably diseased, but I have meds on hand. Would it be stupid to get fish from there? I hadn't considered it before, but when I think of what will eventually happen to them, it makes me want to rescue the little guys.
I should add that my nitrites have been 5ppm+ for at least 5 days now.