Finally have goldfish again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toad

Aquarium Advice Addict
First post on here, so here goes lol. So after years of not having them, finally got some fancies again. Mine's the moor, my boyfriend has the gold. Still looking for an oranda and then the sets complete. Just had to show them off.

Attachments

• image-29275316.jpg
    image-29275316.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 90
very cool, my girlfriend is obsessed with black moors we tried one in a 20 gal and it died then tried another and it died then tried a calico and that one died. the petco by my house really sucks they made me give up on goldfish haha they always have white spots and fin rot its really sad and it makes me even more mad that they sell them anyway. love your goldfish though whats your tank size?

Beauties. Who are they housed with? I see a guppy in the back.
I have a black moor called Shadow, a calico fantail called Fred, and just got a redcap oranda called Flower (an improvement on his original name which was 'plant'). All named by my three year old. Shadow and Fred are waiting to move into their 40g tank which is currently being set up. Flower is in quarantine as he just arrived today.

They are in a 75 gallon. Most of those fish with them are guppies, some of my females are actually bigger than the goldfish lol. I also have four Three-lined cories and a bristlenose, not that I ever see him.

They are in a 75 gallon. Most of those fish with them are guppies, some of my females are actually bigger than the goldfish lol. I also have four Three-lined cories and a bristlenose, not that I ever see him.

Personally I'd be careful of keeping all those with goldfish. When goldfish get big they eat smaller fish and copies will choke them with their fin spines. The Plecoptera may try to attach to the fish and suck its slime coat off.

Anyway! Nice tank and fish. :)

Unfortunately my tank got a bit wiped out from the sick moor, lost about half my guppies and the moor. And I just recently had to move and downsize to a 30 for the time being, so the other goldfish is living in my brothers 55 and my dream is put on hold for now :(

Unfortunately my tank got a bit wiped out from the sick moor, lost about half my guppies and the moor. And I just recently had to move and downsize to a 30 for the time being, so the other goldfish is living in my brothers 55 and my dream is put on hold for now :(

That is super too bad! I'm soo sorry to hear that. :(
I had a sick moor recently (black moor goldfish are particularly susceptible to parasites and the like I've heard!) He died too. I bought him because he was sick and I wanted to help him. :(

Back
Top Bottom