First pond pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SquishyFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well..the pond isnt anywhere near finished, but I thought I would let everyone see what I have been working on.

The first pic was taken about a week or so ago and doesnt have all the rock on the falls, but it lets you see the over all pond. For reference on the lenght, look at the fense. Each section is 8 ft long

The 2nd was taken last night. Just for reference, the orange things in the pond are 5 gallon HD buckets. It has about a foot of water in it already from the rain!

edit: when I posted the pics, they posted backwards. So the 2nd description goes with the first pic and vice versa.

hmm. it looks like the front and back wont be wide enough. they might cave in and let the water soak out. there needs to be a couple feet or something and alot of weight to balance out the weight of the water going in

Not sure I'm seein' what you're sayin', k101... looks pretty darn good to me... I just put mine in and really the only place I can see any sort of weakness would be on the man made wall in the foreground... One thing I learned is that piled dirt will settle for months, if not years. Can't tell from the pic, but if SF used some sandmix in there, he may be ok...

SF... its been a week... have any updated pics? Lookin' good so far...

i mean when you put the water in you need enough space on the outside perimeter to put rocks etc so the pond doesnt collapse. or when the pvc or whatever gets weighed down there will be a lil hole in the front.

see in the front part there isnt even any pvc so itll spill out and soak the ground underneath etc

The batteries on my camera seem to be demon possessed...so no pics right now. I will try to get some soon. I took the last 5 days off and put a lot time in on the pond. All of the rock work in the pond is finished except for just placing a random boulder or two in the bottom. I leveled the front retainer wall some and dug a ledge around the pond for rock to put on top of the liner. I'll then fold any extra, that may be visible, back in and sit a rock on top of that. Basically I'll be sandwiching the liner between two rocks to hide it.

As far as it collapsing. I'm really not sure how it could. The water will be pushing out...and there is just earth around it. No man made walls or anything supporting it.

The pond is also now about 50% plumed. The rock ledge, the rest of the plumbing and just add water!

Back
Top Bottom