Fish bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a pretty large koi around 11' at the moment and its in a 55g( yes I know too small). It was going to get a pond in about three months but I don't think I can take her anymore she just killed my female bristle nose she's killed about 5 other fish in the past. Anyway to stop aggression temporarily or should I just rehome her.

image-1874265304.jpg

Here's a pic of the bully..

Were all the killed fish in the same tank(55)? I'm assuming they were all smaller then her. She might have been showing them who's boss, you also relized that she is in a cramped tank. Good for you! Going ahead with the pond could be a option. If so, you should look into getting fish that are around her size. This may cut down her aggression.

Were all the killed fish in the same tank(55)? I'm assuming they were all smaller then her. She might have been showing them who's boss, you also relized that she is in a cramped tank. Good for you! Going ahead with the pond could be a option. If so, you should look into getting fish that are around her size. This may cut down her aggression.

Yes all in the 55 and yeah this bristle nose was around 4' and kept to herself most of the time which I don't understand... And I had a koi around 3' when she was about 7' and they were fine she only picks on other species of fish ( except for my 10' common that I rehomed) but do you think I should put a wall in the tank, give the remaining bristle nose about 20g? Or is 35g way to small for the koi? ( 3 months or whenever weather warms up)

You either need to rehome her or wait it out until the pond is done. Koi can be pretty rough and in such a small enviornment it's not her fault. You have to do what you feel is best for her and any other fish in the tank.

You either need to rehome her or wait it out until the pond is done. Koi can be pretty rough and in such a small enviornment it's not her fault. You have to do what you feel is best for her and any other fish in the tank.

I feel I need to rehome her but she was my first fish I ever owned which is keeping me from doing that..

If you want to regime I might be able to take her we hav a well established pond with 2 comets big and end some medium sized koi

If you want to regime I might be able to take her we hav a well established pond with 2 comets big and end some medium sized koi

I dont think id want to ship it in minnesota weather its winter and its pretty cold. And i have no clue how to correctly do it haha.

Could you possibly manage a big tub for her until she can be moved outside? Plastic troughs (100+g) run around $1/g, maybe a bit more depending on your locale. Used ones are half the price. Just thought here because shipping her overnight will cost the same as a trough/tub.

Do you think i could put the remaining bristlenose in my goldfish tank even though there is a small clown pleco in there?

I feel it's never a good idea to put any type of pleco in a goldie tank due to the fact pleco's have been know to attach to the side of goldies and suck off their slime coat. Which will cause damage to the goldies.

I feel it's never a good idea to put any type of pleco in a goldie tank due to the fact pleco's have been know to attach to the side of goldies and suck off their slime coat. Which will cause damage to the goldies.

Im not concerned about the goldies im concerned about the clown pleco will he the bristlenoses be ok for about three-five months then ill move them back?

It depends. If you have two males the larger one could severely harass the smaller one. And sometimes a larger pleco will just show aggression to smaller ones. All you can do is try but monitor them for awhile.

It depends. If you have two males the larger one could severely harass the smaller one. And sometimes a larger pleco will just show aggression to smaller ones. All you can do is try but monitor them for awhile.

Alright its a very small femal clown and a fully mature bristlenose and a small female bristlenose. And if there is any agression there ill move them back with the koi and try and solve the koi issue.

Back
Top Bottom