Found my fish on the floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamesabbott418

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We o woke this morn I found three of my fish in the floor, a 5 in goldfish and and 4 in koi and a baby gold fish. This has never happened I could see one jumping out but three.

Is this possible will the fish jump out of my tank

Yes, its possible. Usually though, goldfish do not jump from water unless there is an extreme problem with the water that they are trying to escape. Unless this tank is a couple hundred gallons or your doing 100% water changes daily, its pretty safe to assume the water is quite toxic. Lack of space with incompatible fish also incites aggression which may have forced some fish out as well. Koi honestly do not belong in home aquaria as they have huge water requirements.

What size is the tank? What are your numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? What are you using to test (liquid or strips)? What fish are now left?

Yes, its possible. Usually though, goldfish do not jump from water unless there is an extreme problem with the water that they are trying to escape. Unless this tank is a couple hundred gallons or your doing 100% water changes daily, its pretty safe to assume the water is quite toxic. Lack of space with incompatible fish also incites aggression which may have forced some fish out as well. Koi honestly do not belong in home aquaria as they have huge water requirements.

What size is the tank? What are your numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? What are you using to test (liquid or strips)? What fish are now left?

+1!
Agree 100%, I've never seen one Jump until I was at a fair watching a game where you win goldfish and the water was filthy. I think they lost 5 in a matter of 10 minutes.

My cousin had a goldfish once in a bowl and it jkped clear acroos the room under a piano, so from then on they kept in their 55 tropical and it lived for years.

Back
Top Bottom