goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kady

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two fancy goldfish and I'm going to get them a 55 gallon tank this Sunday. is it a good idea to add another goldfish or is that more an appropriate size for just the two, to grow and live comfortably? thanks
Note: I'll be adding all of their belongings from the ten gallon their in now, to the 55 gallon, so the new tank will be cycled faster.

It depends on what kind of filter you have. Goldfish are messy but with good filtration you might be able to get away with a third goldfish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have two fancy goldfish and I'm going to get them a 55 gallon tank this Sunday. is it a good idea to add another goldfish or is that more an appropriate size for just the two, to grow and live comfortably? thanks
Note: I'll be adding all of their belongings from the ten gallon their in now, to the 55 gallon, so the new tank will be cycled faster.

I would focus on a smooth transition to their new home right now. You will need to keep a close watch on your parameters over the upcoming weeks to ensure any possible toxin spikes are kept well controlled as the tank establishes itself. Hope this helps! :)

right now they have one tetra whisper internal power filter, and I plan to get them one more when I get the 55 gallon aquarium. is that sufficient? they have sand not gravel, I vacuum the sand about twice a week, sometimes three times if it looks dirty. :ermm: right now one of the goldfish is about one and a half inches long, the other one is about an inch long (don't know if that matters as they will grow) I would definitely wait for the tank to get settled about a month before adding another If I do add another.

Back
Top Bottom