Goldfish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If any one is reading this in the future how can any advice be given if we don't know what your tank set up is size filters, ect. In other words what condition are your fish,or reptiles and amphibians living in!

It looks like a undergravel filter, it should have a airstone to power it the air flow rate looks way to slow. if the air flow rate is to slow there is nothing drawing water through the gravel. I personaly don't like undergravel filter. for goldfish they are useless.still don't know how many gallons that tank is IF you have to much gravel over the top of the filter it wount work any way.

Its definitely an improvement. I would lower the air line a few inches to maximize the lift (and increase flow).

Tank is too small, like you living a telephone booth!

10 gallon tank are plentiful and cheap, if you look around you can usually get them for free. But can buy for $15!

Oh dear...I've seen those kits. I don't think they hold even 1 gallon of water. I wouldn't put a betta in something that small, much less a goldfish.

I thought it was for a betta, definitely way too small for a goldfish!

Thought OP had decided to keep a Betta instead of goldfish.

Last edited:
I thought it was for a betta, definitely way too small for a goldfish!

Oh ok. Yeah, those tanks are very small. A lady I know has one she keeps a betta in, but she does water changes every other day. Still not much room. I like to give my betta's at least 3 gallons. They seem so much happier and healthier.

10 gallon tanks are so inexpensive and easy to find, like a mansion for a betta. Lol

It looks like a goldfish in that tank? I would definitely rehome the goldfish asap! Thats way to small for much of anything. I had that same tank and I kept a few snails and plants in it. If I remember correctly its around a gallon?

Back
Top Bottom