Goldfish color fading and curled fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
So as I'm typing this I'm doing a water change. I noticed one of my gold fishes fun was curled up. I also noticed his tail black has started to fade and become more clear. The other night I saw his bottom fun twitching. Is there something wrong with him??

This was him before
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438374485.191840.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438374531.248137.jpg

This is him now
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438374556.375212.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438374589.294184.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438374617.139187.jpg

As u can see his curled fins and his fading of his tail. I'm really worried please help!

60gal -3 fancy goldfish
I do 90% water changes every 4-5 days
Last test I preformed was 0 ammonia ,0 nitrite, 7.6 ph ,10 nitrate.
I never let nitrates get passed 10. Usually after 4-5 days it becomes 10 then I do a water change.

Please help!!!!! All the other fishes seem fine.

Not sure about the curled fins, but as for the faded fins, he is probably losing his black coloration.

Goldfish usually don't stay black. As they get older they become less and less black.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Don't know about the fins but do know about the color. Most black moors are not bred genetically to stay black all through their life. The ones at places like petco are guaranteed to not stay black.

Thanks! I have heard that black goldfish will loose it's black color. Good thing I bought my goldfish from a quality breeder. I'm still concerned about its fins though

a hundred bucks for a goldfish that's insane , The most I ever spent on a fish is $40. and it wasn't a goldfish , the most I ever spent on a goldfish was 25 cent out of the feeder tank , 6 months later there a foot long

That is a very beautiful tricolour telescope. Well worth the 100$ in my opinion. :) unfortunately, he will eventually lose all his black colour... But you will be left with an equally beautiful red and white telescope.

I have a white telescope with curled fins also. I wish I knew the cause. I knew of a fish keeper that would cut the ends of the curled fins off and he claimed that they would regrow straight but I DO NOT recommend doing that. It must be painful.

I think that as long as the fish is happy and swimming fine, there's nothing to worry about.

That is a very beautiful tricolour telescope. Well worth the 100$ in my opinion. :) unfortunately, he will eventually lose all his black colour... But you will be left with an equally beautiful red and white telescope.

I have a white telescope with curled fins also. I wish I knew the cause. I knew of a fish keeper that would cut the ends of the curled fins off and he claimed that they would regrow straight but I DO NOT recommend doing that. It must be painful.

I think that as long as the fish is happy and swimming fine, there's nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much! Sadly he has passed today T-T. I wish I knew the cause of death. I'm really going to miss him T-T

do not be sad my friend, for he is swimming under the rainbow bridge now.

Back
Top Bottom