Goldfish Feeding Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I am going to set up a goldfish tank, hopefully very soon, and I was wondering what a good feeding schedule would be. I would be able to feed twice daily. Pellets would be my staple food, but what vegetables and how often should I feed them? Also, is fasting one day a week be beneficial? Thank you! :)

Personally, I feed mine a mixture of pellets, flakes, and freeze dried bloodworms. Every 3 days or so I will put some orange or mandarin on a veggie clip for extra vitamin c (and he loves it). My fish seems to do well with this and I figure the food mixture gives him a range of nutrients.

Hello! I am going to set up a goldfish tank, hopefully very soon, and I was wondering what a good feeding schedule would be. I would be able to feed twice daily. Pellets would be my staple food, but what vegetables and how often should I feed them? Also, is fasting one day a week be beneficial? Thank you! :)

Goldfish are a bit different feeding wise. I have always known to feed them super small ammounts multiple times a day and your safe. They will eat it all down to the last pellet and for goldfish I would get a sinking pellet so they don't suck air down

Goldfish are a bit different feeding wise. I have always known to feed them super small ammounts multiple times a day and your safe. They will eat it all down to the last pellet and for goldfish I would get a sinking pellet so they don't suck air down

This is excellent advice!

They will eat just about anything... worms, live/frozen foods, peas, spinach, even little scraps of meat left over from dinner (in moderation).

This is excellent advice!

They will eat just about anything... worms, live/frozen foods, peas, spinach, even little scraps of meat left over from dinner (in moderation).

Thank you!!! Yes they are the pigs of the water world. After you turn your lights out they tend to graze all night. I would also feed then a small amount about 2-3 hours after the lights are off. They literally graze all night sifting through your substrate like a rat in a garbage can.

Goldfish are bottomless pits. So small amounts twice aday is good. I feed first thing in the morning and last thing at night. They know when its feeding time too. A mixture of flake, pellet, dried bloodworms and brimeshrimp I have to hide my Loaches algae wafer cause they will eat this too, because they are fat and greedy.

Back
Top Bottom