goldfish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCB1000

Aquarium Advice Regular
gold fish type and food

Hi, I will be getting two veiltail goldfish(i think they are fantails) next week from my mom's co-worker they will be in a 20 gallon aquarium i know this is over stocked but there is plenty of filtration so it should be suitable for the time being they live in a 10 gallon tank presently anyways im not sure how much i should feed them i have saki hikari (how ever you spell it) sinking pellets in the purple bag i plan to feed at least three times a day from my understanding they are about the size of an index finger i will also supplement blanched spinach, blood worms, and rephasy gel food i know you are supposed to feed 1% of their body weight but on my scale the lowest it will go is 2 grams and i doubt they will be 200 g combined so anyways my questions are how much should i feed them if i break it up into 3-4 feedings per day? what type of goldfish are they?

Attachments

• IMG_5464.jpg
    IMG_5464.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 56
I honestly wouldn't feed them that often. They produce a large amount of waste and even with a lot of filtration and water changes it may end up being an issue.

I honestly wouldn't feed them that often. They produce a large amount of waste and even with a lot of filtration and water changes it may end up being an issue.
it's actually recommended to feed multiple small meals than one big meal i'm just not sure how large each meal should be

I would keep them to a few pellets a piece or small pinches of the food so that they can eat it all

thanks and can you identify these fish (species) i thhink theyre either veil or fan tails

I'd feed them a max of twice a day with one fasting day a week. Peas are good and helps their digestion :)

Back
Top Bottom