Goldfish friendly fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I want to add a ryukin and an Oranda goldfish to my 29 gallon and I was wondering what other fish could go with it, I was thinking some ghost shrimp and a rubber lip pleco?
No dojo loaches, as aqadvisor said they were to big
Thanks

Hello, I want to add a ryukin and an Oranda goldfish to my 29 gallon and I was wondering what other fish could go with it, I was thinking some ghost shrimp and a rubber lip pleco?
No dojo loaches, as aqadvisor said they were to big
Thanks

I think you're fully stocked with your two golds to be honest. A plec has a huge bioload so that's probably not a great idea. Is there anything other than the fancies in there at the moment?

What other fish are in this tank? An oranda and ryukin put a 29g at full capacity assuming they are juveniles. Within a year, it will not be large enough for the two of them. Shrimp will be eaten. Goldfish realistically are only suitable with other goldfish though with a larger tank, wcms or possibly danios could be considered (or possibly eaten). There simply is not room in a 29g to even consider other fish.

Back
Top Bottom