Goldfish HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish101

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok my two oreando's keep hitting each others stomachs and not stopping and keep hitting every day for the past TWO days I am getting worried if they are aggressive:thanks: HELP

I mean they aren't like hurting each other but a 10 gallon tank

Its aggression from a tank size that way too small and likely water quality issues. 10g is not even suitable for a single goldfish. If upgrading them to a much bigger tank (40+g) right now is not a possibility, you honestly should consider returning them and stocking this tank with appropriate fish. If you have questions., please ask!

Well it's not all the time its just lasts like 5 seconds but they are fine and its not water quilt y

Unless you are changing all of the water daily or not feeding them properly, it would be quite difficult to avoid issues with water quality. You have two high bioload fish that have huge growth potential (with proper care and adequate water) in a tank that is impossibly small. The aggression issues will continue and/or become worse until the tank situation can be addressed.

Thank you I will be upgrading tanks soon I am only 12 (well turning 12) So I will hopefully buy a bigger tank on my B-day

Well it's not all the time its just lasts like 5 seconds but they are fine and its not water quilt y

It was obviously concerning enough to make you ask. The issue at hand is the fact that they are in way too small of a tank. The only way to correct the behavior is to give each fish ample space. 40 gallons tank or larger if you want your fish to be happy and healthy.

Well they are like only 2 inches right now. I am upgrading soon I have done some research I was think of a 29 gallon tank :)

Hi there, I have a very similar issue! My fantails nudge each other, particularly at mealtimes. They are only babies but in a 13 gallon tank, which I will be upgrading to 42 gallons this weekend because they are growing very fast and I am sure are feeling very cramped.

I haven't found anything works in stopping them from nudging each other, and am certain a lack of space is the issue.

You can buy quite cheap 40 gallon tanks at pet shops, but the filters are fairly expensive (at least down here in Australia!). Can your Mum or Dad help you with finding a reasonable second hand filter on eBay?

I'll let you know how my little guys find their new home. They are Spotty, Goldie, Mr Stripes and Lightening McQueen.

:)

Attachments

• image-535214597.jpg
    image-535214597.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom