goldfish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P.s.s.s. sorry about all the p.s.'s but also like people are saying, more is better with size and with filters.

LOL thanks all..going to make HER read all this as well, after all its HER fish right *wink* let her get her hands dirty..I have my 5 tanks to deal with

OH fast question on filters...I have a extra hod (for a 10 gallon, I seem to have a lot of 10's running around), but no inside filter for it, just the bio-wheel..would say lava rock or some other kind of porous material work for building up BB?..so the tank would have 2 hobs, one normal setup and one with "extra"?

OH fast question on filters...I have a extra hod (for a 10 gallon, I seem to have a lot of 10's running around), but no inside filter for it, just the bio-wheel..would say lava rock or some other kind of porous material work for building up BB?..so the tank would have 2 hobs, one normal setup and one with "extra"?

Yes that will work but you need some padding as welk to catch the waste debris

Sorry I didnt read it all. Lava rock is great for BB and thats good filtration for now

Yes I know. We have our sections here. Id take a minute and read up on some of the rules. Theu can be helpful

Will do! Again sorry about that. I'll shut my big mouth now unless there is anything else to really answer in a few words. Sorry, new here as of today.

I would think that posting about other site would be based on why it was posted..after all the more info we have the better we can take care of our fish, but to post a site to try and move membership would be frowned on...but that's just my opinion and not based on my reading of any rules *grin* lord knows I seldom do that..I am male after all.

..... if im not mistaken, you cannot post that here. We here know quite a bit

I just reread the Rules, I believe it is fine to post links for further information, but not to troll for potential customers or to " steal" members.

I post links to other sites all the time , for additional/specialized knowledge. This is a very helpful site, esp for young members. But the more information we all have, the better. :)

Fancy Goldfish can get large and live 15+ years with good care.

Green Peas should be in the freezer at all times.

No sharp or spiny decor. Silk or sturdy live plants are good. Lots of good Goldfish info. Run a search and you will learn all sorts of stuff on AA

img_2593571_0_a8df8d9dfea85be3612533989ebe63f3.jpg

img_2593571_1_9c33669dbcbefb59844cd27f736a9309.jpg

best I could do, and that was a tiny piece of strawberry and she went nuts over it LOL

best I could do, and that was a tiny piece of strawberry and she went nuts over it LOL

Such beautiful long fins!!! Wow! Well It might be a fantail with different genetics, a cross with a veil tail or a veil tail with more of its fantail roots showing. I doubt it has oranda in it but the forehead will tell. Wider foreheads=orandas if the fish has a wen. (A bubble like tumor tissue structure on the forehead. Right now I have an oranda fantail cross that looks a bit like that except for the super wide forehead. I believe fins grow as a fish gets older. It will be a real head turner one day!! Already super pretty. How long is its body with out / and / with fins? Catch and hold your fish very

image-1415013832.jpg

image-675216227.jpg

Examples of fish types.

White is an oranda fantail cross, gold is a fantail, yellow is a ranchu. All my fish.

Pic below is not my fish. It is a veiltail though.

image-938993037.jpg

And below this is not mine either. It is a ryukin though. I'm sure it is not ryukin.

image-2367721876.jpg

And a comment below this... Not mine either and definitely not what you have.

image-2614718501.jpg

Hope this helps a little? What does yours match mostly. Sorry but your pictures can't really help me. As your fish developers time will tell. These are the most common goldfish types.

Oh also not what you have but there are soo many types.
Since I can't post a link to another forum I'll try this link to show you more types. http://www.exoticgoldfish.net/breeds.html

Attachments

• image-797161282.jpg
    image-797161282.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 160
Back
Top Bottom