Goldfish in 29 gallon tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldfish620

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been thinking of upgrading my 10 gallon fish tank (goldfish) to 29 gallons they are only using up 6 gallons right now. Please get back..

Sent from my HP 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of goldfish? Regular goldfish can get large and should be in a larger tank. They are also very messy which also requires more space. How many goldfish do you have?

You should upgrade them as soon as you can. 10 gallons is too small of a tank for a pair of 3" orandas (I read your other posts). Why are you only using 6 gallons of it? The 29 should be fine for a while as long as you keep up with water changes and maintenance.

You should upgrade them as soon as you can. 10 gallons is too small of a tank for a pair of 3" orandas (I read your other posts). Why are you only using 6 gallons of it?.

Well if OP is following the inch per gallon rule...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes I am following the 6 inch rule which I don't always do. And to you jlk I am trying to throw around different tank answers to see what people think....

But even a single 3 inch goldfish is far too much bioload for a 10g tank. I'd get a 55, maintenance will be easier.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I will either get a 29 40 or 55 gallon tank hopefully....

Until then, fill up your tank and perform regular weekly water changes. You should get a test kit. API Freshwater Master test kit is recommended. That will let you know how effective your water change schedule is.

BTW - the inch per gallon rule is outdated. Even if followed, it does not apply to all fish. For instance, the bioload of two 3" orandas is not the same as six 1" guppies or other similar bodied fish.

Back
Top Bottom