goldfish in pond is sick?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzycomosy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi can anyone please tell me what is wrong with my husbands fish he has been laying on his side for a couple of days but moves when my husband tries to get him in the net he has some red markings like blood spots on his side and is very still we have a shade over the pond,can anyone throw some light on his problem and what to do about it please! he is my husbands favourite fish???
img_677028_0_27091911077e50dab834e632789e6768.jpg
[/img]

I don't have a pond but have you tested the parameters of the pond? Is there anything that might have gotten into the pond to contaminate it? I don't know the size of your pond and whether or not it would be practical to change some water, but I would suspect some contamination or an ammonia spike as a definate possibility. Hopefully someone with more experience with ponds will come along and chime in.

Ekk, Hope it makes it!!!, IMO, first depending on the size of your pond, do a water change as Zagz suggested, then i would add some Formalin & Malachite Premix to the pond, and perhaps have some salt in it for 2 weeks, best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom