Goldfish poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sometimes takes a bit for them to try new things! Keep offering different stuff until you find their favorites. Broccoli florets cooked until soft and stuck in a veggie/potato chip bag clip are an easy one to start with. You can leave it overnight and see what's left in morning. The strong smell is usually quite appealing to them. Oranges/tangerines are another tasty treat, too. :)

The clip sounds like a good idea. Ill try that out in the morning, thank you so much!

Hope you don't mind my jumping in, but goldfish shouldn't be fed flakes? I've never actually seen non-flake form goldfish food

All of these are commercially available sinking goldfish foods.

The first two are sinking pellets, and the last are sinking gel food.

And there are more out there.

Feed them once per day. Veggies one day, pellets the next, frozen bloodworms the next. Then repeat. That's what I do and my fish seem to love it. You can feed them flakes but you need to soak them in some tank water first and pour them in. Goldfish who eat flakes from the surface of the water often swallow too much air and develop swim bladder disorder. The classic upside down dead floating goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom