goldfish tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well at most she will leave 4 in there, a very special comet, and 3 fancy tails.
and she all ready has the pleco

so four goodies in a 20L, and a common pleco????
return/rehome the pleco. and the dojo loach.
bottom line 4 goldies is way overstocking a 20 long

it is not a 20 long it is a custom 20 gallon tank, and she wants to keep them all but atm this is the best i can do.

Common pleco can grow to 2ft+, how the world are you gonna keep it in a 20g? Even if its by itself. We just had a thread discussing improper fishkeeping, covering this very topic. Too much fish in too little tank. You wouldn't buy a Great Dane as a small puppy, and a small kennel to keep it in, and expect the same puppy to fit in that same small kennel once it is grown and matured would you? Why would you do it with a fish!?

heres a good question why the heck are goldfish not in your pond?!?!
sorry your right about both the tank sizing and the dojo. my apologies.

well i was using some of them for cycleing my tank and then she wanted some of them when i was puting them in the pond so i let her have her choce of them (a bad idea). so the ones we remove will go into the pond.

well i was using some of them for cycleing my tank and then she wanted some of them when i was puting them in the pond so i let her have her choce of them (a bad idea). so the ones we remove will go into the pond.

why did you let her do that? why can't they all go in the pond? next time give her good advice, like get some RCS, you could even buy them for her. because to me it seems like you got more money then you know what to do with, because of all your tanks that you are building.

well i'm worried about the fancy gold fish, and they are really special to me to.

well i'm worried about the fancy gold fish, and they are really special to me to.

if they are so special to you why not give them a good home?it is very east to post a thread on craigslist saying "hello, I have some goldfish that are very special to me, but I can't keep them in my setup, If you want them and have a appropriate set up please contact me at (111-111-1111)"

Without coming off as being to brash, I suggest starting over, with the tank, fish, and the story you're telling. You say you were using the goldfish to cycle a tank, but they're really special to you? Makes no sense. Also, if they're so special to you, you wouldn't purposely keel them in a subpar environment which they cannot thrive in, but less be happy or comfortable. Bad parenting.

Also, I thought you said the comet was the "special" one? I'm confused by the conflicting stories.

i know, but then i don't get to see them, and it still is my sisters. i found a 60 gallon tank and we are going to try to get it, and if we find another 55 gallon maby ill put the goldfish in there.

sorry they are all special. i was saying that he was more special than the other comets. and i think he is a gold barb.

Back
Top Bottom