goldfish tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coral uses calcium for health and growth. They are calcium based and will actually influence the pH. I would indeed remove the coral. Dead coral, as naturally eroding, will release calcium. I find that a HARD stone, placed in water at a rolling boil for 10 minutes to sterilize, make good decor. Even boil wood before adding to your tank.

Plants with Goldfish are trial and error. There are numerous articles listing safe or resistant plants (fast growing). Unfortunately, my guys mowed down everything even though they are fed a large ammount of veggies everday. Soft leaved plants are seldomly safe. They are supposed to just eat the feathery roots of Frogbit but mine eat the entire thing. I grow anacharis and duckweed in a separate tank to supplement their natural diet. Duckweed is devoured almost immediately. It is one of their favorites.

It is somewhat due to your specific fish. Two of mine in another heavy planted tank never ate my plants.

I recently discovered a tip that so far is working great. Mix real plants in amidst artificial ones. So far they haven't touched my real ones.

Anubias are fairly safe but without good water flow tend to accumulate algae.

Coral uses calcium for health and growth. They are calcium based and will actually influence the pH. I would indeed remove the coral. Dead coral, as naturally eroding, will release calcium. I find that a HARD stone, placed in water at a rolling boil for 10 minutes to sterilize, make good decor. Even boil wood before adding to your tank.

Plants with Goldfish are trial and error. There are numerous articles listing safe or resistant plants (fast growing). Unfortunately, my guys mowed down everything even though they are fed a large ammount of veggies everday. Soft leaved plants are seldomly safe. They are supposed to just eat the feathery roots of Frogbit but mine eat the entire thing. I grow anacharis and duckweed in a separate tank to supplement their natural diet. Duckweed is devoured almost immediately. It is one of their favorites.

It is somewhat due to your specific fish. Two of mine in another heavy planted tank never ate my plants.

I recently discovered a tip that so far is working great. Mix real plants in amidst artificial ones. So far they haven't touched my real ones.

Anubias are fairly safe but without good water flow tend to accumulate algae.

there is not a piece of coral in his tank?
If anything looks like a piece of fake coral that petsmart sells, or maybe a piece of dead live rock, but definitely not coral.

no it is dead live rock, how long should i leave a piece of that in the tank? can i live it in 24/7 or do i need to do something to keep in in all the time.

leave it in the entire time, if it is dead live rock, i will raise the calcium a litter over time, but it should be fine.

tecnicaly it is philipino skull rock, but it is the same think, is crushed coral dead live rock?

I keep forgetting to upload these.....4 young goldfish in a 120 gallon aquarium. They were small a little over a year or so ago. I can't remember exactly when I got each one. The huge one was small and was the last one that was added. Dash, large one, was supposed to be a Red Cap Oranda but I now believe her to be a Ryunkin/Oranda Mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429805110197.jpg
    1429805110197.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1429805173951.jpg
    1429805173951.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 1429805206201.jpg
    1429805206201.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 90
wow such a beautiful tank i will show my sister, she is trying to start a babysitting gig so then she will have a little more money to spend oh her tank.

Back
Top Bottom