Goldies and cories together in harmony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what do you plan to do with them? They are going to need a much larger tank than that 55 within 6 months to a year At the absolute max depending on what size they are currently. You're going to have to do water changes at minimum of every other day and eventually they will be so big that they will look like a German shepherd in a dog crate. I'm Sorry if this comes off as a lecture, but the myth that fish only grow to the size of their tank is completely false and you need to have a plan in place before they get to that size.

Not sure, but they are not growing very fast right now so I'll upgrade accordingly for now and keep the water as clean as possible. :cool:

Not sure, but they are not growing very fast right now so I'll upgrade accordingly for now and keep the water as clean as possible. :cool:

Unfortunately they aren't growing fast because their tank is too small. Slow growth means stunted fish with shorter lifespans. Clean water is good.

Common Goldfish can live over 25 years.
The record is 43 years old.
The longest was 18.7"

Unfortunately they aren't growing fast because their tank is too small. Slow growth means stunted fish with shorter lifespans. Clean water is good.

Common Goldfish can live over 25 years.
The record is 43 years old.
The longest was 18.7"

WEll about an inch since last spring... not sure how fast that is in fish years, but as they get bigger I'll have no choice but to obviously expand their space.

Back
Top Bottom