Hellp goldfish stressed!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, i am currently wintering 4 goldfish from my pond in a 100 litre tub in my garage with a heater set to 19c. They have been fine and happy swimming around until I did a 90% water change. Now they are darting around the tub and sitting at the bottom when i got close. I sat still next to the tank for 20 minutes and they are still doing the same. I do these water changes every few days and they have been fine. What's wrong with them?? Please help

Yes i use water conditioner and I have roughly matched the temperature

Maybe consider doing more frequent, smaller volume water changes to prevent this from happening again? Hopefully they come around

Hi fish boy, sounds like they are just stressed, I also winter my pond fish indoors, you have to keep in mind that pond fish are generally accustomed to higher levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, because we don't really do water changes on there ponds. Sudden changes in these levels can really stress your fish.i would cut back to about 25% water changes!once a week. Also, if the garage temps are below 65 degrees, I would reduce their feeding schedule to once every other day. This will cut down on the amount of waste they put out and help with water quality. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom