HELP my pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTpond

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We just moved from NYC to New Canaan, CT and our house comes with a good sized pond with goldfish and koi. I'm looking for someone in the area to maintain the pond and improve the quality of life for our fish. Please advise how I can find such a person.

Attachments

• CTpond.jpg
    CTpond.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Welcome to AA!!! Start with googling pond stores and goldfish/koi clubs in Ct. You should find quite a few. Then, simply start contacting them and explaining that you just moved to home with a pond and your looking for someone to help maintain it. Good luck! :)

Thanks, jlk. I have googled and there are a lot of places around here that maintain ponds. I would just really appreciate some advice and possibly some recommendations. We really have no idea what we are doing with the pond. When we bought our house, we decided to start educating ourselves on the needs for our pond, so I decided to post here to see what people say.

I think bringing in a professional to assess what exactly your situation is would be a good first step here (filtration, exact stocking, pond capacity, water quality issues, etc). If you plan on having them maintain it once its back in order, you do not have much to worry about beyond feeding your fish. If you would like to maintain it yourself once things are in order, we will be happy to help you! If you want to try to get things back in order yourself, we can help with this, too. :)

My suggestion is to contact one close to you and ask if you might contact 2-3 of their customers.

When we decided to have someone build our pond we had two companies give us a plan and a quote.
the guy we decided on told us to drive by two of his ponds that could be seen from the road.
He also said these customers would be glad to show us their ponds if we knocked on the door.
One of the benefits of living in a small town. We drove by but did not knock.
Of course being a small town these could have been cousins....
We ended up quite satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom