Help with fancies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pantsnothanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
3/3 fish are acting strange
My Ryukin is not moving at all and is floating but he's breathing

My Oranda is usually the most energetic and now barely moves

My black moor is acting fine but is discoloured and doesn't look like he has a slime coat

I have
50gl
70gl 300gph filter
Temp 74
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 21
Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your nitrates are a little high.. You could benefit from a water change.

Also, perhaps you are feeding your fish too much? Do they look bloated? Try feeding some peas.

Thanks I did a 90% sadly right after I posted the is the Ryukin died but the remaining fish are gaining color and energy again. They're in a bucket with an air stone so the tank can cycle a bit there are still nitrates but lower so everything's good

Thanks I did a 90% sadly right after I posted the is the Ryukin died but the remaining fish are gaining color and energy again. They're in a bucket with an air stone so the tank can cycle a bit there are still nitrates but lower so everything's good

?? Why a Bucket that will get polluted really fast. I would put them back in the tank and just keep testing and changing water as needed.

?? Why a Bucket that will get polluted really fast. I would put them back in the tank and just keep testing and changing water as needed.

+1

Yeah if you are afraid of ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate poisoning because the tank isnt fully cycled the tank is still the best place to put them. It takes a lot longer to pollute the tank than it will the bucket.

Nitrates at 20 shouldn't kill your fish. The ideal is Max 20 but I suspect something else is going on. What do you feed them.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had nitrates at 50ppm and no fish died I got it down between 10-20ppm with water changes and cleaning external filter media in tank water. Below 20 is ideal for fancy goldfish.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is your ph? What are you feeding them (specifically-brand, type, snacks, etc)? Have they been through a fishin cycle or are they new? Some more information will help us to help you better!

Back
Top Bottom