hiding koi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seabassi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone, I have a strange thing going on in my pond, I just put a new pond large 14x 24 with a large round black tube 14 inch around 4 ft long for cover, just bought 3 , 6 inch koi the first ones, they when right into the tube have not come out yet 10 days, so I went out and bought 2 more larger 10 inch, the same thing, then I went out and bought 1 12 inch , guess what same thing, they are all in the tube and only come out when I flush them out, and I know for a fact they are not been approached by a predator they will not eat and they seem very scared of me, it looks like there is no koi in my pond, but i know there Help
Thanks

koi can get easily scared. it will take awhile for them to get use to you and your shadow. i know that for fact because my koi are still scared of me. i have them for more then 2 years.

thanks for the reply, I just think it is weird my last pond I had several koi and they all were pets that would come to me asap until a mink or otter wiped out every fish over the winter, and that's why i had to start over
thanks

also, i also notice that an "un-scared" koi, can become scared if a scared koi is introduce. it will take time for them to get use to you like i mention before. i had 5 koi in pond, it took awhile for them to get used to me after several months. then i bought 3 more koi, introduced them into the pond. immediately, the 5 old koi became scared along with the 3 new koi.

Back
Top Bottom