Home made Biological filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats the route i went also. I have an interal one for mechanical and an external trickle for biological.

Thats a good idea! In my case though, its pointless because the water comes into the barrel with such force it would be self defeating. On something smaller or with less power, I think that would be a smart move! :)

For connecting tubing/plumbing to a container I would try using a bulkhead fitting. You can find them at garden shops, home improvement, or pool supplies stores. They come in various sizes with slip or threaded ends. Basically you drill a hole in the wall of the container, put one side of the fitting in (it unscrews to 2 pieces) and thread the other piece onto the first. Most come with a rubber gasket to ensure a good seal.
You could even use them on liner material but it would work better if a piece of plexiglass or sturdy plastic was "sandwiched" next to the liner to prevent strain on the liner.

Back
Top Bottom