how far below ground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea and at 3 feet in the summer when ya try to do the swan dive into it ya might break your neck id go a bit deeper :)

I think I would tend towards 4', but as stated earlier you should consult your nursery as to how deep the frost line is in your area.

Most people I know bring fish in for winter around here in WI. I think you would have to go 4'-6' to get below the frost line of a cold winter. I know ice on lakes can freeze to well over 3' feet thick.

How big of a pond are you planning and how many fish. My cousin who has a small pond with about 12 goldfish/koi keeps a 55 gal bare in his basement for winter.

Depending on the size of pond you are planning you might as well build a pool. :)

lol-- swimming with the fishes

i really haven't planned much-- i would like to keep koi and depth is the most important dimension. after that is figured i will go from there. i am working on a veritable paradise in the backyard. i have planted grapes, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, asparagus, winter onions and am looking at some fruit tries.

Back
Top Bottom