I can't find my fish!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathan_Drake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 55 gal with 1 spotted African leaf fish, 2 craw dads, a fingerling channel cat, and a pleco. My fish hate the light. The only two fish I see is the pleco and on rare occasions the leaf fish. I haven't seen my craw fish in about 3 weeks and my channel cat in 2 weeks. All,of my fish aren't new so their used to the tank but their diet is fine but I can't find them help:confused:

Check inside the filters if you have internal ones. Esp if you keep the filter under the water. It can happen that a fish goes inside via the water outlet. Rare but happens.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also check fish aren't stuck behind internal filters

Is it properly sealed? Might be behind the tank or just hiding very well.

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

Any luck finding the fish?

It could have jumped out of the tank if there is an opening or no hood. Also, it could be hiding or eaten by another fish. But this information isn't for the craw dad.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry i didn't mean to say it's hiding behind a fish I meant to say it's hiding behind a Decoration

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ya I found every fish in the tank except one craw fish. I have two of them. One like to climb on things and decor and the other one I haven't seen now for a month. Everything's kinda all good. My channel cat died though

I feel either the fish was eaten by a tank mate. Or it died in a community tank a small fish could die and decay and get sucked into the filter unnoticed. Its a possibly. After a month and you can't find him. I think one of theses situations may have happened. Sorry about the cat death

Back
Top Bottom