Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Coldwater, Native Fish & Ponds
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
jrj
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I hope I am in the right place

We are interested in building a disappearing fountain that will double as a dog drinking fountain. We have a Newfoundland and Great Dane that enjoy cold water when it is 100 degrees outside.

If we have a disappearing fountain that is circulating the water, #1 will it stay cold because it it circulating underground and coming back up and #2 will it grow algae if placed directly in the sun even though it is moving.

Thanks.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Don't know how cold it will be, I guess it depends on how deep you circulate the water in ground. As for algae, I've see algae growing in the wet spots in those set up, esp, when it is set up so there is a little bit of water puddling.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com