I Tried the New Life Spectrum Goldfish Pellets...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good idea, dropping them into a cup of water to swish them around; why do they not sink immediately upon entering the tank though?
My guess (because I don't actually know) is that its so they don't all get lost on the bottom in one go.

The comet is in a 74g (27.5" tall) with an albino gibbiceps (who is very pretty, tamer than any of my other plecos, but a real bully to all other plecos). Not ideal, I know, but until I can find a kind person who doesn't mind having frankenstein's fish in their pond, it'll have to do!

He was like that when I got him- he belonged to the intellectually disabled son of an elderly couple who could no longer manage a house. They were moving to an apartment and had advertised the 2' tank. I wanted the tank, but when I got there the fish came with it. The poor guy just wanted to make sure his fish got taken care of. So here I am with 'ol' ugly butt' lol

The ugliness is the result of spending years in a small tank. :-(

Sometimes I apologize for things I don't need to. :) Hi! I do live quite close to the prison (10 mins?), I hear it's famous although I had never heard of it before I moved here. Are you around the central coast?

I don't know why that food doesn't sink but my thought is that its so small and light that if they water doesn't cover it, it takes longer for the water to soak into it. I don't really know though! :) Sometimes I'll just take a pinch and hold it under water. That worked too, but if you need to give more than that it can be a pain!

Your assesment of the pellets makes sense...:)

And never apologize for including yourself in one of these discussions! Understand??? LOL...just messin' with ya...

I just know about the prison from seeing it mentioned in different films, notably when Vin Diesel's "Dominic" character in the first Fast and the Furious comments about it...(y)

My guess (because I don't actually know) is that its so they don't all get lost on the bottom in one go.

The comet is in a 74g (27.5" tall) with an albino gibbiceps (who is very pretty, tamer than any of my other plecos, but a real bully to all other plecos). Not ideal, I know, but until I can find a kind person who doesn't mind having frankenstein's fish in their pond, it'll have to do!

He was like that when I got him- he belonged to the intellectually disabled son of an elderly couple who could no longer manage a house. They were moving to an apartment and had advertised the 2' tank. I wanted the tank, but when I got there the fish came with it. The poor guy just wanted to make sure his fish got taken care of. So here I am with 'ol' ugly butt' lol

The ugliness is the result of spending years in a small tank. :-(

I applaud you for your decision to help that family out, especially with their handicapped son -- truly, you are a remarkable person and deserve a hug. :) I would have done the same...

But how did this happen from spending years in a small tank; these "defects" simply appeared out of nowhere from growth stunt issues?

Sorry for the sorry! :) I agree we've all got some lumps and bumps!
Also it seems that the prison is the only thing Lompoc is known for even though we launch rockets at the Air Force base!

I applaud you for your decision to help that family out, especially with their handicapped son -- truly, you are a remarkable person and deserve a hug. :) I would have done the same...

But how did this happen from spending years in a small tank; these "defects" simply appeared out of nowhere from growth stunt issues?

Thankyou :)

Before I worked in mental health, I worked with people with disability. Extremely rewarding work!

The comet received ammonia burns during his time in the small tank. His owners bought him when he was small and didn't know the care he would need, or how big he would get. His other tank mates never lived more than a few months, so in the end they just kept him by himself. It's left him pretty scarred up, but he is otherwise a seemingly strong and healthy fish. If perhaps not the most intelligent fish I've come across! :ROFLMAO:

So, then I took him on and went and made much the same mistake: I put him in a much larger tank, but bought another comet to keep him company! :eek:
She has since gone to live in a pond- she was as beautiful as this guy is ... Umm .. Unfortunate looking! :lol:

I can't upgrade his tank unless I get him an outdoor tank, so for now I just do 50% pwc every two days.

Thankyou :)

Before I worked in mental health, I worked with people with disability. Extremely rewarding work!

I'll bet...my hats off to you...:)

The comet received ammonia burns during his time in the small tank. His owners bought him when he was small and didn't know the care he would need, or how big he would get. His other tank mates never lived more than a few months, so in the end they just kept him by himself. It's left him pretty scarred up, but he is otherwise a seemingly strong and healthy fish. If perhaps not the most intelligent fish I've come across! :ROFLMAO:

So, then I took him on and went and made much the same mistake: I put him in a much larger tank, but bought another comet to keep him company! :eek:
She has since gone to live in a pond- she was as beautiful as this guy is ... Umm .. Unfortunate looking! :lol:

Stop picking on him!! :fish1: :ROFLMAO:

I can't upgrade his tank unless I get him an outdoor tank, so for now I just do 50% pwc every two days.

I know what you mean; when I had my four fancies in a 10 gallon for awhile as an emergency setup I had to do DAILY 50% changes to keep 'em okay...

Back
Top Bottom