Imported Goldfish Hunt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookelynnb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know where I could find a "Red Bubble Eyed" Goldfish, or a "Celestial Eyed" goldfish? I found them on a website called PetSolutions, but shipping is $19.00. Are they good goldfish?

Attachments

• image-429801675.jpg
    image-429801675.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1320059586.jpg
    image-1320059586.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3693310952.jpg
    image-3693310952.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 109
Celestial Eyed.

Attachments

• image-1835873571.jpg
    image-1835873571.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 114
Im not trying to be mean but, ive never seen those and they look sick. How can they live with that growth looking thing?

I think they're unique. It's not everyday that you see that kind of fish... They're fluid filled sacks on the side of its face, that adapted so it can bob on the water. Read before you judge.

Attachments

• image-2647598782.jpg
    image-2647598782.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 125
I think they're unique. It's not everyday that you see that kind of fish... They're fluid filled sacks on the side of its face, that adapted so it can bob on the water. Read before you judge.

Oh no dont get me wrong. I wasnt judging by any means. I was just curious because ive never seen these type of goldfish before

Does anyone know where I could find a "Red Bubble Eyed" Goldfish, or a "Celestial Eyed" goldfish? I found them on a website called PetSolutions, but shipping is $19.00. Are they good goldfish?

Petsolutions is a good place to order from. It's pretty hard to get fish shipped to you for free.... And $19.00 is not too bad. Try looking on eBay and aquabid too. As in "good goldfish" what do you mean?

Oh no dont get me wrong. I wasnt judging by any means. I was just curious because ive never seen these type of goldfish before

Oh okay, yeah.. Neither have I. That's why I thought it would be a cool addition to my goldfish tank :)

Petsolutions is a good place to order from. It's pretty hard to get fish shipped to you for free.... And $19.00 is not too bad. Try looking on eBay and aquabid too. As in "good goldfish" what do you mean?

If you spend $75 it's free, but there's nothing I need that's more than $75! Haha & good to know that it's a good place to order from!

I meant good goldfish, as in, do they stress easily, get along with other goldfish?

If you spend $75 it's free, but there's nothing I need that's more than $75! Haha & good to know that it's a good place to order from!

I meant good goldfish, as in, do they stress easily, get along with other goldfish?

Ok, they are like any other goldfish ( ranchu, etc ). What other goldfish do you have? And in how big of a tank?

I have a 75g with a BIG black moor, a small pearlscale, a fantail brown one that's really small, a regular orange one that's BIG and that's it!! & a big pleco!

I know about fish outgrowing the tank, so no need to lecture me on that. :)

Sounds pretty good and I won't lecture you ;). What kind of pleco? Normal kind?

Yeah, he's just a normal pleco. :)
Bought him when he was about 2 inches, and now he's dang close to 4 or 5!!!

Attachments

• image-52794280.jpg
    image-52794280.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 75
I also am looking for a Chocolate Oranda Goldfish, and a Telescope Goldfish!!

Bubble eyes and celestials are a bit more handicapped and delicate than other fancy goldfish and should be kept separately. The other fancies which can see better will outcompete them for food. I wouldn't add them to your tank with other fancies. They would do much better in a tank with only other bubble eyes or celestials. If you do add them be sure there are no sharp decorations because those sacks are delicate and the fish can't see where they are going so they can't avoid obstacles. They can only see what's above them. Also, the sacks didn't "adapt so they could bob"... its a mutation that was selectively bred into them. Its only purpose is ornamental.

Reactions: jlk
Get the Pleco out as well. IMHO
They are very spikey and add hugely to the ammonia. I know of several people who've had Fancy GF injured by the Pleco panicking at something and running into the GF. Not aggression, just accidental. One man lost his prize 10 year old Oranda. He rehomed the Pleco.

We used to sell Celestials at my Petsmart. They were MUCH more fragile and were not ok mixed with other types.

If you have a Comet/Common GF you will need a pond for him of course. GF need lots of room per fish to grow and to stay clean.

Enjoy your fish and keep learning :)

Bubbles are really only suitable to single species tanks. Same goes for celestials as both breeds are severely visually impaired. Your tank is honestly already fully stocked to almost beyond capacity and I would not add any more fish. If you have a common/singletail in there, he should be rehomed to a happy pond to lessen the bioload and allow him to develop to maturity.

As its already been mentioned, the pleco really should be rehomed elsewhere as they are reknowned for developing a taste for slow fancies' slimecoats (and other body parts) as they grow older. Plecos and fancies are never a good mix and the old adage an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is worth reiterating in this situation before something unfortunate occurs. Please ask if you have questions!

Worth mentioning as well, but the fish from this site are not 'imported'. If you wanted actual imported fish, you would need to purchase from a specialty or private breeder. The Goldfish Connection/Dandy Orandas (Ken Fischer) is the most well known and respected in the US.

$19 is likely for 2-3 day (or longer) shipping which I do not suggest for any living creature, especially delicate fancies. $45-75+ is the norm for shipping a fancy overnight properly, depending on the size and locale.

Yes, I understand they're delicate and need a different tank!!

We're y'all saying to rehome my pleco if I got a fragile goldfish, or are you saying I should do that now? Because if so, he's perfectly fine now. I have an ornament that is tall that he is always in!

No way I'm rehoming him.. He's my baby.

Back
Top Bottom