information gathering for a stock pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth_cannibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi-

Last summer I moved from a tiny house in Denver to a nice 10 acre property in Mobile, Al. Sadly I had to sell all my tanks but am looking for a good deal to get back into the hobby but that's neither here nor there.

House is about done being fixed up finally. I have two barns and I already have a horse. Planning on adding a few more critters and want to do a stock pond that I can have some sunfish in and have a water source for the animals.

Quite a few other properties around me have very large ponds (couple have multiple) so I am pretty sure my soil will allow me one.

I think I have a pretty perfect spot where the back of my property slopes dramatically not allowing it to really be used and would almost form one on it's own. Plus I do have a nice constantly flowing, clear running creek out in the woods on the edge of my property.

apparently there is a branch of office that will come out and inspect the property free of charge to determine if my soil will allow it.

Either way are there any decent threads with how the process/experience went for them? I tried searching in here and have been going through the web but none of it is very personal or in depth that I could get some good info on. End of summer is probably the earliest I will start doing this

I know this isn't going to be cheap to do. My cousin is a landscaper so he is good with machines plus with me, there will be quite a bit of savings

Back
Top Bottom