instead of using a 5 gallon bucket as i formally was

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
im thinking of making an all natural pong +the liner and pump. im thinking on making a section of my pond, cut if off somehow with a big rock, put sand pea gravel and bigger gravel in and use that to filter the water?

i was thinking of putting holes in pvc but my mom said that would look bad.

I dont know what you are meaning????

You are wanting to use pea gravel as the filter?????

okay.. im planning on making a type of sump kind of. using a rock to push the water through the pea gravel, sand and rocks it will filter the water right?

f3b7a8b5.jpg

cant read it very well... the top right box is there p want to make my "sump" the top left oval is my upper pond, under it is the waterfall, and under that is the lower pond

I suggest making a waterfall filter, and putting this in place of where you will have that box.

That way you will have a waterfall filter (Could make another waterfall going into the upper pond if you wanted to, or sink it into the ground and have it ground level) going into your upper pond (Most people like to fill upper ponds with tons of plants, which is good filtration), then going on down to the lower pond, and you will have a large pump in your lower pond going back up to the waterfall filter.

This wouldnt be that TOTALLY differant than what you are planning, and if you need plans to make a water fall filter (I guess about $80 or so to make this, compared to twice that much if you bought one)

Back
Top Bottom